Insulation is a great home product for improving overall energy efficiency and comfort, year in and year out. Blow-in, or blown-in, insulation is one of the most commonly installed forms of fiberglass and cellulose, used for a variety of homes and commercial spaces.
Unfortunately, as with any other type of product, insulation won’t last forever. There will most likely come a time when your insulation stops working as it once did—especially if you live in an older home. What should you do? Can insulation be removed and replaced? When should I remove it? These are questions we hear a lot at Hinkle Insulation. Keep reading to learn more about home insulation and when to replace it!
When to Remove Insulation
Insulation can eventually start to sag, mold and deteriorate for a number of reasons. This significantly decreases its effectiveness. From old age to damage from water, fire, smoke and more, insulation is prone to many different problems.
Signs you may need more insulation include:
- Drafts (particularly near the windows) and uneven temperatures from room to room
- Higher than normal energy bills for the time of year
- Air conditioning or heating system running more than normal
- Unusually warm second story (which indicates your attic may need more insulation)
- Old age (homes built in the 1970s or earlier may not have enough insulation or have insulation that was installed years and years ago)
Replacing Your Insulation
When you remove insulation, you need to replace it so your space doesn’t lose any energy efficiency. Removing and re-blowing insulation in your attic and walls is a task your local professionals should handle for you. There are special tools and techniques involved to ensure the process goes smoothly.
Insulation Removal & Re-Blow Services in Austin, TX
Do you need to remove and re-blow insulation in your home? The Hinkle Insulation team has you covered. We look forward to helping you save money and live more comfortably this spring—and all year long.
Contact us to learn more about blow-in insulation services!