• 2013 Centimeter Circle, Suite B Austin, TX 78758
  • |Contact Us

New Customer Credit Application

homeowners contractors
Call Your Local Pros Today! (​​512) 523-5395

Eco-Friendly Insulation

Home Insulation Services in Austin, Texas

At Hinkle Insulation & Drywall, our company of professional insulation installers offers a wide array of materials to work with, including environmentally friendly home insulation. We believe your home should feel comfortable year-round; by installing the best insulation materials into your house, walls or attic, we can ensure that your home stays comfortable and functioning properly. If you can improve the energy efficiency of your home while using eco-friendly insulation materials, that can be the best of both worlds!

Are you interested in installing environmentally friendly insulation for your walls, attic or the entire home? Contact Hinkle Insulation & Drywall online or call us at (512) 523-5395!

Types of Eco-Friendly Insulation in Austin

Home insulation products are meant to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer and to improve the energy efficiency of your home in Austin, Texas.

It is eco-friendlier to use home insulation materials that both effectively insulate your home and are made of environmentally friendly materials. Using eco-friendly insulation materials can not only protect your home from energy loss but can also help to reduce the emissions associated with heating and cooling equipment.

The following are types of eco-friendly insulation you may want to consider for your home:

Cellulose Insulation

Cellulose insulation is one of the most environmentally friendly home insulation materials. It is made up of 80 to 85% recycled newsprint, and the remaining 15% consists of borax, boric acid or ammonium sulfate, which helps make the newsprint fibers more fire-resistant—and can help to repel insects!

Cellulose insulation provides R-values of about 3.5 per inch, a rating that is similar to fiberglass but contains a higher percentage of recycled materials. If you are considering installing cellulose insulation in your home, you may want to think about its installation process. Cellulose is a loose-fill product that can be blown into place and can fit into even the smallest holes in an attic or basement.

Contact us today to learn more about eco-friendly cellulose insulation in the Austin area!  

Cotton Insulation

Cotton insulation is also referred to as denim insulation since the material is similar to that which is used to make blue jeans! When it comes to selecting environmentally friendly insulation, cotton insulation can be an excellent recycled material to use for insulation purposes.

Cotton insulation consists of about 85% recycled denim, while the remaining 15% is made up of plastic treated with borate, the same fire retardant and insect repellent used in cellulose insulation. The material delivers an insulation rating of about R-3.4 per inch.

Learn more about environmentally friendly insulation when you contact us today!

Sheep’s Wool Insulation

Humans have been making warm clothing from wool for centuries. But did you know this eco-friendly material is also available for home insulation? Sheep’s wool provides an insulation rating of about R-3.0 to R-4.0 per inch. This uncanny version of home insulation is naturally fire-resistant, but manufacturers typically still add borate to resist pests and mold.

Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation

Spray foam is one of the most efficient insulation materials out there, providing an impressive R-value of up to R-6.5 per inch! This makes it an exceptional choice for eco-friendly insulation. It is also possible to find polyurethane spray foam made from soy or vegetable oil instead of petroleum, a characteristic that makes it even better for the environment.

Install Eco-Friendly Insulation in Austin, TX

If you have been looking to benefit from installing eco-friendly home insulation, talk to our team at Hinkle Insulation & Drywall! We’ll help you achieve the insulation levels you need to keep your home comfortable and efficient while being mindful of the environment.

To implement eco-friendly insulation in your Austin, Texas, call Hinkle Insulation & Drywall at (512) 523-5395 or contact us online.

Residential Insulation

We offer a wide assortment of insulation products to suit your specific needs.

Commercial Insulation

We insulate metal buildings, warehouses and other commercial properties.

Drywall Installation

We offer drywall installation and replacement services in the Austin, TX area.

Window Blinds

We install 2” faux wood blinds for windows and French doors.

Gutter Installation

No matter your gutter needs, the Hinkle Insulation & Drywall team has you covered.

Are You Sure?
Stay on Page
You are about to leave this Hinkle Insulation & Drywall and enter a third-party site. Hinkle Insulation & Drywall and Installed Building Products have no control over, and accept no liability, obligation, or responsibility for, the contents or performance of other websites. Any such link does not constitute an endorsement or any representation regarding, the linked website, its content, its owner, its performance, its owner’s products or services, or any forward-looking statements found in.
Leave Page
Stay on Page