Choose the Right Interior or Exterior Wall Insulation for Your Home in Austin, TX
When you think about insulation, you might think of protection against the elements, such as a cold snap or a heat wave. However, insulation can do much more than keep the outdoors out of your home.
Insulation can form an air barrier against humidity and allergens. It improves energy efficiency, saves you money on power bills and minimizes the infiltration of noise from outside and other areas in your house.
Need interior or exterior wall insulation services in Austin, TX? Hinkle Insulation & Drywall is here to help.
Call (512) 523-5395 or contact us online to get a free quote on home insulation services!
The Best Insulation for Exterior Walls
Exterior wall insulation is crucial for preventing air leaks and muffling noise pollution. While all homeowners want to prevent air leaks, other insulation requirements depend on the type and location of your home.
In a downtown loft condo near Sixth Street, you’ll need heavy-duty sound dampening to get sleep. At the same time, a historic home in Tarrytown might lead you to prioritize thermal insulation.
The following insulation types are the best for exterior walls:
- Blown-in fiberglass is cost-effective and easy to install. Fiberglass insulation is excellent for soundproofing because the loose-packed glass fibers break up sound waves and reduce vibrations. Fiberglass is also suitable for thermal insulating because it comes in a loose-fill form, so it can be blown into wall cavities between studs to bolster existing insulation without demolishing your drywall.
- Blown-in spray cellulose is also easily installed without damaging drywall.
- Wet-spray cellulose insulation is made from recycled material and flame-resistant chemicals. Wet-spray cellulose adheres to surfaces while conforming around obstructions like air ducts and wires. This lets the cellulose fill the walls without any gaps. Though equal to fiberglass for sound dampening, cellulose is superior as a thermal barrier. It is, however, more expensive.
- Open-cell spray foam insulation has the top value for overall insulation. Like wet-spray cellulose, it conforms around obstructions inside walls. Spray foam is applied in liquid form, creating a seamless thermal and air barrier. When properly installed, this produces generous energy savings. Spray foam dampens noise, but not nearly as well as fiberglass or cellulose. However, it makes a versatile second insulator, as it creates a perfect seal in even the hardest-to-reach areas.
Get the Best Insulation Possible for Interior Walls
When insulating interior walls, your choices will be highly influenced by your goals. You may want heavy-duty soundproofing for a home office or music studio or more thermal insulation if your home is drafty.
Split-level houses and homes with multiple floors require good sound-dampening insulation to keep roommates or family members from disturbing each other. For this purpose, spray-in insulation is ideal, as it fills in gaps the original insulation couldn’t reach.
Our recommendations for interior walls are:
- Fiberglass: Both fiberglass batts and loose-fill fiberglass work well for interior walls, with blown-in fiberglass being excellent for retrofitting under-insulated spaces.
- Eco-friendly insulations: For interior soundproofing that’s also kind to the environment, sheep’s wool, cellulose, and cotton insulation are all excellent choices.
Hire an Experienced Wall Insulation Contractor in the Austin, TX Area
No matter the kind of home you have or where in Austin you live, you need quality insulation to make the most of your living space. Hinkle Insulation & Drywall can provide a free estimate on various insulation materials, from fiberglass to spray foam to cellulose.
We’d be happy to advise you on which options best suit your budget and needs. Our team will answer questions and, when you’re ready, will expertly install insulation that you’ll enjoy long into the future.
Call (512) 523-5395 or contact us online to schedule your free insulation estimate today.