Imagine the following scenario: You come home from a long day at work and flop down in your favorite armchair, ready for some peace and quiet. But all you hear are cars honking and a dog barking outside and the TV playing upstairs. Being comfortable in your home doesn’t just mean maintaining a comfortable temperature!
Everyone knows the energy-savings benefits insulation offers—but did you know wall insulation can help provide a more comfortable indoor environment, in terms of both temperature and soundproofing? To minimize these annoying noises, you need both exterior and interior wall insulation.
Need insulation for your home in the Austin, Texas area? Call us today at (512) 523-5395 or contact us online to get started!
What Is the Best Exterior Wall Insulation?
In addition to its efficiency aspects, exterior wall insulation also acts as your primary barrier against outdoor noise pollution. Each option available provides different advantages in terms of cost, sound dampening and thermal insulation. You’ll need to balance all three of these factors when determining the best insulation for your needs.
The U.S. Department of Energy lists these three insulation types as your best bet for balancing sound barriers and insulation for exterior walls:
- Blown-in fiberglass – Fiberglass is cost-effective and easy to install, though it does require some retrofitting for installation. It’s a very strong choice for soundproofing, as the loose-packed fibers are excellent for reducing vibration and breaking sound waves.
- Wet-spray cellulose insulation – Blown-in spray cellulose is made up of a combination of recycled materials and flame-resistant chemicals. It is equally effective as a sound barrier and offers greater insulation levels over fiberglass, but comes at a higher price.
- Open-cell spray foam insulation – For sheer insulation value, spray foam is the best option on this list. However, spray foam is not particularly good for soundproofing, as its rigid nature doesn’t reduce vibrations by much. It is, however, a handy second insulator, because it can be injected into hard-to-reach areas to make a perfect seal!
Are you interested in enjoying a quieter, more comfortable life in your Austin or San Marcos home? Contact Hinkle Insulation & Drywall online, or call (512) 523-5395 now!
What Is the Best Interior Wall Insulation?
Increasing the insulation present within your interior walls and in the barriers between your floors provides an excellent means of maintaining a peaceful and quiet home. Of all of your available insulation options for interior walls, these are our recommendations:
- Fiberglass batts – Both batt and blown-in fiberglass are as strong a choice for interior walls as for exterior walls, and they make for an easy installation.
- Eco-friendly insulations – Cellulose, sheep’s wool and cotton insulations provide superior soundproofing throughout the entire home and are our top picks for interior soundproofing.
Whether you’re looking to minimize interior noise or trying to soundproof a home office or studio, the insulation services provided by Hinkle are your best choice. Call (512) 523-5395 or reach us online to schedule a consultation!
Wall Insulation in the Austin & San Marcos, TX Area
If you live in the San Marcos or Austin, Texas area, look to the team at Hinkle Insulation & Drywall. We add energy efficiency, comfort and value to all types of homes and offer the knowledge, experience and resources that few local companies can match.
Contact us today for an insulation installation estimate!