Imagine the following scenario: You come home from a long day at work and flop down in your favorite armchair, ready for some peace and quiet. But all you hear are cars honking and a dog barking outside and the TV playing upstairs. Being comfortable in your home doesn’t just mean maintaining a comfortable temperature!
Everyone knows the energy-savings benefits of insulation — but did you know wall insulation can help provide a more comfortable indoor environment for both temperature and soundproofing? To minimize these unwanted noises, you need exterior and interior wall insulation.
Need insulation for your home in the Austin, Texas, area? Call (512) 523-5395 today or contact us online to get started!
What Is the Best Exterior Wall Insulation?
In addition to its efficiency aspects, exterior wall insulation also acts as your primary barrier against outdoor noise pollution.
Each option provides different advantages in terms of cost, sound dampening and thermal insulation. You’ll need to balance these three factors when determining the best insulation for your needs.
The U.S. Department of Energy lists these insulation types as the best for balancing sound barriers and insulation for exterior walls:
- Blown-in fiberglass: Fiberglass is cost-effective and easy to install, though it requires some retrofitting for installation. It’s a strong choice for soundproofing, as the loose-packed fibers are excellent for reducing vibration and breaking sound waves.
- Wet-spray cellulose insulation: Blown-in spray cellulose is made of a combination of recycled materials and flame-resistant chemicals. It’s equally effective as a sound barrier and offers greater insulation than fiberglass but comes at a higher price.
- Open-cell spray foam insulation: Spray foam is the best option on this list for sheer insulation value. However, spray foam isn’t particularly good for soundproofing, as its rigid nature doesn’t reduce vibrations by much. It is, however, a handy second insulator because it can be injected into hard-to-reach areas for a perfect seal.
Want to enjoy a quieter, more comfortable life in your Austin or San Marcos home? Contact Hinkle Insulation & Drywall online, or call (512) 523-5395 today.
What Is the Best Interior Wall Insulation?
Increasing the insulation in your interior walls and in the barriers between your floors provides an excellent means of maintaining a peaceful and quiet home. Of all your insulation options for interior walls, these are our recommendations:
- Fiberglass batts: Both batt and blown-in fiberglass are as strong a choice for interior walls as for exterior walls, and they make for an easy installation.
- Eco-friendly insulations: Cellulose, sheep’s wool and cotton insulations provide superior soundproofing throughout the home and are our top picks for interior soundproofing.
Whether you want to minimize interior noise or soundproof a home office or studio, the insulation services provided by Hinkle Insulation are your best choice.
Call (512) 523-5395 or contact us online to schedule a consultation!
Wall Insulation in the Austin & San Marcos, TX Area
If you live in the San Marcos or Austin, Texas, area, look to the team at Hinkle Insulation & Drywall. We add energy efficiency, comfort and value to all types of homes and offer the knowledge, experience and resources that few local companies can match.
Contact us today for an estimate on insulation installation!