• 2013 Centimeter Circle, Suite B Austin, TX 78758
  • |Contact Us

New Customer Credit Application

homeowners contractors
Call Your Local Pros Today! (​​512) 523-5395

Eco-Friendly Insulation Options

Every insulating product has the same goal: to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. This has the positive effect of making your home more efficient, which helps you save money on your energy bills and reduce the emissions associated with heating and cooling your home.

This is good news for the environment, but if you want to go one step further, you can choose an eco-friendly insulation material!

Insulating your home or commercial building in the Austin, TX area? Contact Hinkle Insulation & Drywall for insulation services!

What Is the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?

Cellulose Insulation

Cellulose insulation is considered one of the most environmentally friendly insulation materials because it’s made of 80 to 85% recycled newsprint. Who knew you could insulate your home with yesterday’s news? The remaining 15% consists of borax, boric acid or ammonium sulfate to make the newsprint fibers more fire resistant. Borate-based flame retardants have the added benefit of helping repel insects, all while remaining safe for use.

Cellulose is more eco-friendly than other materials. It provides R-values of around R-3.5 per inch, similar to fiberglass, but contains a higher percentage of recycled content.

Cellulose is available as a loose-fill product that requires a specialized machine to blow into place. You can install it on open attic floors, in existing walls and more. By blowing the cellulose through small holes, you can increase the insulation level here with no need to tear the wall apart.

Cotton (Denim)

Cotton is a popular clothing material used to produce blue jeans. At the end of the manufacturing process, scraps of denim can be recycled into cotton insulation. About 85% of this material is made from recycled denim, while the remaining 15% is comprised of plastic treated with borate, the same fire retardant and insect repellent used in cellulose. The material delivers an insulation rating of about R-3.4 per inch.

Get a Free Estimate

Sheep’s Wool

Humans have been taking advantage of wool to make warm clothing for centuries. But did you know this eco-friendly material is also available for home insulation?

Sheep’s wool provides an insulation rating of about R-3.0 to R-4.0 per inch. It’s naturally fire-resistant, but manufacturers typically still add borate to resist pests and mold. Wool even continues to insulate efficiently if it gets wet, a characteristic that arctic sheep use to stay warm in the wild.

Best of all, sheep continue to grow wool throughout their lifetime, making this one of the most natural and renewable resources in the world.

Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation

Spray foam is one of the most efficient insulation materials out there, providing an impressive R-value of up to R-6.5 per inch. Spray foam is considered environmentally friendly because you don’t need as much to achieve adequate R-values.

It’s also possible to find polyurethane spray foam made from soy or vegetable oil instead of petroleum, a characteristic that makes it even better for the environment.

Install Eco-Friendly Insulation in Austin, TX

If the benefits of eco-friendly cellulose appeal to you, choose Hinkle Insulation & Drywall to perform the installation at your Austin area home or business. We’ll help you achieve the insulation levels you need to keep your home comfortable and efficient.

Contact us today to get started on your insulation project for your home or commercial building!

Residential Insulation

We offer a wide assortment of insulation products to suit your specific needs.

Commercial Insulation

We insulate metal buildings, warehouses and other commercial properties.

Drywall Installation

We offer drywall installation and replacement services in the Austin, TX area.

Window Blinds

We install 2” faux wood blinds for windows and French doors.

Gutter Installation

No matter your gutter needs, the Hinkle Insulation & Drywall team has you covered.

Are You Sure?
Stay on Page
You are about to leave this Hinkle Insulation & Drywall and enter a third-party site. Hinkle Insulation & Drywall and Installed Building Products have no control over, and accept no liability, obligation, or responsibility for, the contents or performance of other websites. Any such link does not constitute an endorsement or any representation regarding, the linked website, its content, its owner, its performance, its owner’s products or services, or any forward-looking statements found in.
Leave Page
Stay on Page